A small group of neighbors and volunteers has been working hard since 2010 to create a neighborhood in greater Glover Park where intergenerational connections flourish, neighbors help neighbors, and no one is forced to move prematurely because of disability or frailty. Building on models from around the country, we call our effort Glover Park Village (GPV). We accomplish our goals by:
• Building on existing neighborliness, connecting those with the ability to give with those in
need of help;
• Providing residents of all ages opportunities to give back to the community, volunteer their
time and skills, and make enduring connections;
• Providing both information and connections to the myriad services available in
• Providing opportunities for persons of all ages to socialize easily within Glover Park; and
• Fostering a livable and age-friendly community.